Light And Fluffy Bc? I Can't Find The Right Recipe

Decorating By sodagirl Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 6:25am by sodagirl

sodagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sodagirl Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:03am
post #1 of 3

I have been decorating cakes for a while now and have not been able to get the right BC. Today I tried IMBC and it was way too buttery. The consistency seems as though it would be hard to decorate with. I have used Wilton's BC and Indydebi's, they are good but I don't get that light and fluffy feeling in my mouth. I love bakery icings that feel like they tickle the roof of your mouth. (not sure if anybody else gets that) anyway. If anyone has any advice on a crusting BC that is light and fluffy please help. Thanks!

2 replies
DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:08am
post #2 of 3

Hi there,
I have recently started using the Doctored Buttercream Dream (found in the recipe section here on CC). I have found that it is so light and airy (I DO beat the living crap out of it for about 10-15 minutes) without being bubbly. I don't add more than the required 6 tblspn of milk and it's perfect like that. My family had been requesting the "sweeter" icing lately - I guess they're sick of my SMBC - (My FAVOURITE!!) and this has gone over extremely well. Maybe it might work for you?

sodagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sodagirl Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:25am
post #3 of 3

Thank you, I will give this one a try too and see how it goes. There is this bakery in NC that has the best icing on their cakes and I wish I could replicate it. I just don't know what type of BC they use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%