Fondant Teacups..any Tutorials...

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 2:23pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to make Fondant teacups like shown in the picture.Does anyone know how to make these? I thought I saw a thread here a few months ago where a member had made these Stunning handmade fondant teacups and they were gorgous..Does anyone remember?

Thanks Laurel icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Anita8 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:30am
post #2 of 8

I could be wrong but to me it looks like they are real teacups with decorated cupcakes inside.

glendaleAZ Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:44am
post #3 of 8

This isn't an old thread, but a cc'er posted on a thread to help us out with some instructions. She directed us to her photos of some really nice hand painted tea cups. Maybe this is the person you are looking for.

Serenatea's photos

Rylan Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:08am
post #4 of 8

Hi Laurel, I'm not sure if this helps but here is an overview of what I found:

dalis4joe Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 8

I got a tutorial from Kim Morrison (PA) through a magazine article she did... I used it and although not easy to do... it can be done.... but I used mexican paste instead of fondant.. my tea cup was bigger though... maybe with smaller ones you CAN use fondant...

Caths_Cakes Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 8

I made a flower paste tea cup not so long back, and i used an actual teacup to be the mold (the inside of the cup) Once it had dried it was beautiful and stood on its own, i filled it with flower paste carnations. The ones in the picture look like mini cakes covered with fondant and turned upside down.

CWIL Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 8

Rylan just posted hundreds of tutorials and one of them was a teacup: How to make a tea cup: http://cupcake-goddess.blogspo.....ea_12.html

I haven't personally looked at this, but HTH!

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:23pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone..There is some really good intructional ones out there!! I'll give it a go if the customer decides to order them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%