Where To Start?

Decorating By jerseygirlNga Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 11:01pm by shapeacake

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 3

I have taken a few classes to learn basic techniques and I just happened on this site. So much to read and so much has been read!! But I still can't figure some things...

First...how do you learn all the abbreviations used...BCTS had me for awhile and then I saw what it was...now, to find out what it is!

Also...to sculpt a cake, can you purchase blocks or 1" sheets of Rice Treats OR is it a must to make? RKT (I know that abbreviation!) are too expensive!

If I loaded the pic correctly on my profile, that cake is my goal and not my creation. It is what my son wants for his groom's cake. I'm a planner, he's getting married in September, so I have some time to practice!

Any help, link or source would be appreciated.

2 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 3

The only question I can help with is the first one. To find out what an abbreviation means, roll your mouse over it and the definition will pop up. HTH!

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 3

Hi jerseygirlNga,

I went to your profile, but I didn't see the cake picture. It looked like you had tried to set a picture as your avatar, but that link seems to be broken. It also says that you don't have any user photos. I think that you want to click on "my photos" on the left-hand side of your screen, then at the top click "upload picture" and follow the instructions from there.

Apologies if I just missed it somehow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%