Ink Refill Kit

Decorating By tirby Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 2:55am by tiggy2

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 12

I have an Epson Stylus C88+ Has anyone used refill kits for their image printers??
I know I never liked them for my regular printers. But considering it.
So do they work well?
Can anyone who HAS used them tell me what they think?
Comparing the new cartrige as opposed to a refilled? any help would be appreciated.
I think I just printed the last picture I can with out a more ink.
I have just been buying the new cartrige each time but its getting pricy.

11 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 12

I have the cannon ip3500 and I used to buy the cartridge every time but I decided to try the refill and OMG you save a lot of money. I highly recommend you to refill them.

tirby Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 12

thank you. So you feel the quality is the same then?
And is it easy to do? No big mess?

Where do you buy yours from?

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 12

No, there's no mess the kit comes with neddles that you attach to the bottled and it is sooo easy to refill the cartridge. And I don't remember if I bought it at kopykake.com or icingimages.com I buy in both sites. I checked and I got them from kopykake this bottles are 2 oz each one and I printed about 30 images already and I still have half of the ink in the bottles I use rice paper because I run out of the sugar ones.

tirby Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 12

thank you so much. This helps a lot. I will be refilling!!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:08am
post #6 of 12

If you are going to refill for an epson, I would suggest edible supply. www.ediblesupply.com those refills are the easiest...outside of my own, but I dont sell the C series Epson!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:16am
post #7 of 12

I have an epson and use the refill ink all the time. It's such a $$ saver.

tirby Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

If you are going to refill for an epson, I would suggest edible supply. www.ediblesupply.com those refills are the easiest...outside of my own, but I dont sell the C series Epson!

Thanks! I saw that you didn't have them so I thought I would do a post for help. Thanks for the help!!

icingimages Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 12

Actually, I just found out my refills will work, but I highly suggest you start with new cartridges as they are different then the ones you currently have.

tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:09pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Actually, I just found out my refills will work, but I highly suggest you start with new cartridges as they are different then the ones you currently have.

That's good news. I just got new spongless cartridges so I'll check out your ink.

icingimages Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:05am
post #11 of 12

Tiggy, you use a Epson..I forgot. You will have to look under the Epson printer. Even though it doesnt list your printer, you can purchase the refill, but not the cartridges.

tiggy2 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:55am
post #12 of 12

Debbie, what size are the bottles of ink? I have a steamer like the one you offer, can I use it with your printhead cleaner? What exactly do I clean with it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%