Gelatin Sheets

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 12:56am by cakesrock

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:20am
post #1 of 7

Once made, what is the texture like? Also, could you shape this easily..? (Ex. Headlights - at least to go over fondant so it looks shiny like a light-)

What do you use gelatin sheets for?

6 replies
caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 2:52am
post #2 of 7

My one time experience with the gelatin sheets proved the sheets to be like....kind of like the fruit roll ups we used to eat as kids. But it dried all the way not sticky. Basically like a sheet of paper? I'm not doing very well explaining thisicon_sad.gif Sorry. You can cut it with scissors.

weidertm24 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #3 of 7

thank for the help.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:13am
post #4 of 7

I use them all the time. And you don't have to make them. You can buy them at the grocery store ( here anyway). I have even bought organic ones at the health food store.They are quite inexpensive. They are scored already too. I have used them for reflector lights, traffic lights, windows, windhshields etc.. You can wet them a bit so they stick better, cut them and paint on them (to look like reflector lights). I love them! icon_smile.gif

weidertm24 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 6:17am
post #5 of 7

any idea where I can find these?

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 7

Yes, where? And to the OP you can go back and look in the forum for a topic called "gelatin bows" I think that was the heading. This is an excellent treasure trove of info for gelatin related anything.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidertm24

any idea where I can find these?

I found gelatin sheets at Sobey's and Co-op and Amaranth natural foods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%