Help With Packaging Gumpaste Figures For Shipping

Decorating By ChoueiriCakeCo Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 1:45am by ChoueiriCakeCo

ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:18am
post #1 of 3

I would really like to be able to ship my gumpaste figures, I know it can be done, but I'm afraid to try and have them get broken or disfigured while being shipped. I have 2 gumpaste sheep that I would like to ship, and they are pretty much rock hard, but how should I package them and what precautions should I take so that they arrive to their destination safely? Thanks in advance

2 replies
windemire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:39am
post #2 of 3

I just shipped two gumpaste babies with blankets to my mom, and they got to her successfully.

For each baby, I got a disposable Gladware container that was slightly bigger than the figure, then wrapped the baby snuggly in enough bubble wrap to fit tightly into the Gladware. At this point, I could shake the Gladware container vigorously without anything moving around.

The Gladware containers then went into a box big enough that there was at least several inches of space on all sides, and the box was filled tighlty with packing peanuts.

This was most likely over-kill, but I was really worried about everything getting there in one piece! icon_rolleyes.gif

ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:45am
post #3 of 3

That sounds like such a great method! Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%