5 Tier Square Wedding Cake

Decorating By bmarlow001 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 9:25pm by bmarlow001

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 3

This will be my first 5 tier square wedding cake and I was curious on how you stack it. I have seen the plastic cake squares at my local cake decorating store but wasn't sure if I should use those because then I wouldn't be able to hammer my dowel through the cake once I am done.

If anyone has any advice on what to use under each of my cakes or how to stack this bad boy please please let me know.. I am really nervous about this one so any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 3

Everyone I have spoken to swears by SPS. Take a look at the system. Leah S has a great tutorial on here as well on how to use it. Apparently you don't need a center dowel if you use this system. And, I've been told that unless you travel with an already 3 tier or higher stacked cake that you don't need the center dowel. Stack it at the venue and you get to avoid that step because you don't move it after it's stacked..you don't have to worry about side to side movement, just sinking movement.

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 3

I have thought about that but I prefer to stack it at home just incase anything happened and I needed my tools.

What about the cake boards underneath? I didn't know if it would be better to use the plastic or the boards like I always do.. I guess I just don't want it to look tacky when it is cut with the board being it is such an expensive cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%