Cricut Machine

Decorating By RetiredNavyChief Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 8:58pm by ibmoser

RetiredNavyChief Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 6

Okay i am new at this cricut machine thing. I know there is a new one coming out just for cakes, thinking of waiting on it, but the question i have is what is the difference between cricut expression die-cutting and the cricut expression cutting machine? or ar the the same thing?

5 replies
tiggy2 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 6

As far as I know they are one and the same.

Smashme Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 6

i don't have either, but i've been told the difference is that the one made specifically for cakes if all food safe. I'm going to get the cake one, i'm just waiting till about christmas time (hopefully there will be good sales) and once the new has worn off and they have all the "bugs" taken care off.

tiggy2 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 6

I think you misread the OPs question. She was asking about the Cricut Expression. You can get a cricut cake for around $300 at www.cutncrop until 3/31/10. Suggested retail is $400

RetiredNavyChief Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 6

I just checked they are out of stock. I am trying to decide is i want the expression or the cake. I can do both stuff with the expression and only cakes with the cake one. HMMMMMMM what to decide.

ibmoser Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6

Have you read Jennifer Atwood's blog yet (Cutting Edge Cake Art)? She has a Cake and an Expression and has documented her trials and observations. Very interesting -

http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%