I Have A Love/hate Feeling For This Cake.

Decorating By cvigil Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 6:51am by lovely

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 16

So my friend comes over and says it is his girlfriend's b-day and he wants to surprise her with a cake. The theme is Alice in Wonderland and he wanted a Cheshire Cat. I was so excited and was thrilled to do it. Then he showed me the picture. It was soooooooooooo scary. A totally twisted version. Not the one I grew up with for sure. Well I did it and it turned out fun and came out pretty good. Here's the problem, it scared the pants off of my 4yr old. She actually had nightmares! I am almost wishing I had not done it. (Almost icon_twisted.gif )

Anybody get cakes like this?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1605566

15 replies
Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 16

Great, now, after seeing the photo - I have nightmares. That is one scarey cake!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 16

yeah, gotta be the new version with Johnny Depp ( you know the creepy movies he likes to do).......like the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory lol that was NOT the one I grew up with!!

Anyhow, the cake looks fabulous I've been waiting since you posted about the issues with the ears ...til I could see this cake. It looks awesome!! You did a phenominal job, hopefully I can sleep tonight!! lol

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 16

ohmygosh! that is a frightening cake! how would of thought you could get scared of a cake?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 16

Oh, good lord, that's not what I was expecting when I opened that file! Nicely done, but very creepy!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 16

i love it !!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 16

That is definatley a scary cake! I would be terrified to cut into it - it might turn on me!!

Great job though!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 16

Yikes!!! You did a great job, although I can't really say that I LIKE it icon_wink.gif

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:21pm
post #9 of 16

I agree with your 4-yr old! Great execution, but where would you find a Cheshire cat like that? And why would that be a romantic gesture for a GF's b'day? MEN-LOL! No, if she's into this stuff then she'll love it because the cake is VERY well done. Good job, but eeewwww! icon_wink.gif

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 10:57pm
post #10 of 16

Thanks guys, I guess she loved it! She likes this sort of thing. It is the American Mcgee Cheshire Cat, one of my friends said it is a book. The body of the cat is just a cat's skeleton. Really strange and very dark. He only wanted the head, thank God.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 11:50pm
post #11 of 16

oh ya that is a scary cat . lol... I can relate my step kids HATED that I made a boob cake for their mom's boyfriend ( she asked lol) I was forbidden to post the picture on facebook where I usually post my cakes , and they hated seeing it on the table. ( they ate a piece though lol)

They are awesome kids though ( 6 and 11) when I suggested making cake balls the 11 yr old joked " c'mon michelle you made boobs now you want to make balls? " I then told her they were on sticks- she said that was worse! lol... she made me laugh so hard I cried....

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 12:08am
post #12 of 16

Ummmm....very nicely done, but wow....not what I was expecting at all!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:33am
post #13 of 16

Yiikes icon_surprised.gif my 4 year old would be freaked too! But you did a good job. Sometimes you have to do cakes that you're not crazy about. But at least it was an 'interesting' challenge

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:55am
post #14 of 16

Oh I loved that game when I was younger (American McGee's Alice for the PC) and I think you did a great job on it. Sorry it scared the kid, but man... lots of fun.

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 6:09am
post #15 of 16

you did a fantastic job of that cake..... scary.... im curious though... when you come at it with a knife does it beat the crap out of ya??? *LOL*.... really...... you did an awsome job!!!!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 6:51am
post #16 of 16

Very nicely done. Loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%