Cutting Gumpaste With The Cricut

Decorating By CakieCutie Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm by staceytisdale

CakieCutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakieCutie Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 8

Hey guys...I saw that Linda McClure has a set of youtube videos up on how to deal with gumpaste when using those electronic cutting machines.

I wanted to ask her about it on here, but saw she didn't have an account...so I emailed her and found out she's been "kicked out of the cake club" because she mentioned her DVD in a post! That is just crazy, eh? thumbsdown.gif So, just an FYI...if you have a question about what she does, call her or email her. She is so helpful.

Anyway, go watch her youtube video so you can make sure your gumpaste is right when cutting it. I have been rolling mine WAY too thin...maybe wishful thinking for my waistline?

I'd post a link directly to the videos, but I fear my account that I finally got (don't know why I procrastinated, I mean, there is a WEALTH of stuff on here!) so, go to youtube, type in Linda McClure, gumpaste and you will see her videos.

Man, I LOVE that lady and her ideas/information/DVD's. It's taken my cakes to a whole new level.

7 replies
staceytisdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceytisdale Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:09am
post #2 of 8

Thanks for the link! I was cutting mine too thin too!! It still worked but the way she is handling the fondant in her videos looks way better than the fragile pieces I had!

TobiasWilhelm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TobiasWilhelm Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:47am
post #3 of 8

Most of the time the problem is not rolling out too thin when using gumpaste. Fondant on the other hand gets really hard to handle when rolling it thin enough to cut with the cricut.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:06pm
post #4 of 8

Are you suppose to let the fondant dry before attempting to cut it? I have dial up at home (not patient enough to sit there) and cannot access youtube at work. I miss out on alot.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:39pm
post #5 of 8

I wanted to ask her about it on here, but saw she didn't have an account...so I emailed her and found out she's been "kicked out of the cake club" because she mentioned her DVD in a post! That is just crazy, eh? thumbsdown.gif So, just an FYI...if you have a question about what she does, call her or email her. She is so helpful.

I wonder if there is something we could do to get her account back. i never heard of her before seeing her name mentioned here. Found her to be so helpful and kind. A SHAME she is not allowed here. Crazy stuff if we can recommend her DVD, but she can not be helpful to others!!!!

staceytisdale Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 8

Tiggergo, not dry up but she rolls it out on her pasta machine then puts it on a cutting mat and places it in a large ziploc bag with plastic mats separating the sheets or gumpaste. It needs to firm up, not dry up.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 8

thanks stacie, i'm going home and do just what you said. i also think I need to buy the deep cut blade.

staceytisdale Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8

yes a deep cut blade is a must. i set mine to a blade depth of 5 or 6. Also, you have to move the rollers out of the way. Liek the little rubber ones (expression has 4 of them, the personal has 2. Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%