The Bachelor's Wedding Cake

Decorating By l80bug79 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 8:48pm by davespeg

l80bug79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 14

anybody watch the show? gotten a request to do one like it with some "tweeking" and I have no idea what it looked like as I don't watch the show. did an internet search, but not sure what i'm looking for. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

13 replies
Chippi Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 14

I do remember black damask on it. Seemed like there was a light shade of moss green satin ribbon. That is all I can remember haha. HTH's

Chippi Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 14

Here watch this is shows the cake but your gonna have to stop the video to observe it.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor

HTH's
Kathy

Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 14

Here's a photo, it also had a monogram of an "M" on it. Photo courtesy of the Tiny Pine Blog who made their wedding invitations.
LL

Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 14

By the way, the cake was made by the Vanilla Cake Company. It was beautiful.

l80bug79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 14

thanks! are those little mozaic tiles??? I"ll have to blow it up bigger to see it better at home.

Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 14

Here's another shot of it.
LL

Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by l80bug79

thanks! are those little mozaic tiles??? I"ll have to blow it up bigger to see it better at home.




Not sure, but it does look like it. I am assuming they were made out of sugar.

l80bug79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:44pm
post #9 of 14

hmmmm i'm not a sugar artist. maybe stamping on fondant strip??? I think that would get the look. what cha think?

KHalstead Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:51pm
post #10 of 14

Id be doing a quick search for a ribbon with a similar pattern LOL What, does that make me lazy? lol

Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:52pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by l80bug79

hmmmm i'm not a sugar artist. maybe stamping on fondant strip??? I think that would get the look. what cha think?




Could be. This is where the Cricut would come in handy. icon_biggrin.gif

l80bug79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 7:17pm
post #12 of 14

I hear you both! this is for my cousin who also does cakes occasionally, she's giving her bff a bridal shower so she "knows the ropes". of course it won't be as massive as the bachelor's cake but still tedious work. Saving up for the Cricut. not going to get the cake one, just one of the regular ones but trying to decide which one will be best for me. I have a couple weeks to figure it out. i'll be doing either some stamping or hand drawing on my competition cake next week so we'll see.

Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:28pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by l80bug79

I hear you both! this is for my cousin who also does cakes occasionally, she's giving her bff a bridal shower so she "knows the ropes". of course it won't be as massive as the bachelor's cake but still tedious work. Saving up for the Cricut. not going to get the cake one, just one of the regular ones but trying to decide which one will be best for me. I have a couple weeks to figure it out. i'll be doing either some stamping or hand drawing on my competition cake next week so we'll see.





I got my Cricut on Ebay, brand new, just the machine, mat and the manual and disk for $170.00.

I thought it was a good deal because the cartridges that come with the one they sell at Michaels I really didn't feel I could use. Plus, being in Canada, cartridges are around 90-100 dollars unless they are on sale. I got the home decor and mother's day 2010 for around 25 each on ebay.

davespeg Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:48pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Id be doing a quick search for a ribbon with a similar pattern LOL What, does that make me lazy? lol




No, smart and very busy icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%