Silver Or Gold Fondant

Decorating By sugarlovemom Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 3:06pm by Jack031

sugarlovemom Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! im new on this amazing world of cake decoration...! i know a few things since i just startet taking wilton classes ( course 1) and i made this website my bible so all u guys r my teachers as well!!! but my question is: how do i get golden or silver fondant??? i've been working w fondant ( its actually my favorite!) for just a few months and i bought the golden dust and used w vodka but it doesnt get really gold or silver... anything else beside airbrush?? thank you Teachers!!!!!

2 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 3

Not all dusts work the same. The wilton dusts you can buy at the craft store don't give a real metallic look. You can make sparkly yellow or sparkly gray with them but that's about it. The dusts that you can order online will give a better metallic look.

I use airbrush color and I apply it with a regular paintbrush because I don't have an airbrush. You have to practice a bit so you don't end up with streaks.

Jack031 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 3

Yes, to get the best silver/gold sheen upon a cake I would have to say use Americolor airbrush colors and either hand paint it or use an airbrush machine because some dusts just give you a silver color and not a metallic silver/gold sheen like the airbrush colors....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%