Bake And Cake And Ice On Same Day?

Decorating By lauras231279 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 9:09pm by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

lauras231279 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 8

Hi

I need to bake a cake and have it iced for tomorrow! Is this even possible? Will the came fall to bits? It is in the oven now. Could I cool it and then ice it tonight? I am using buttercream.

Thanks

7 replies
Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 8

Yes, make sure it sits and is chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours and you should be fine.

Loucinda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:20pm
post #3 of 8

I don't refrigerate any cake. What I do in that situation is bake the cake, and when cool, wrap in saran wrap and then put something heavy on it for a couple of hours to get it to settle. (I use a cutting board with cans on it - Leah_s I think uses a ceramic tile)

Eisskween Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I don't refrigerate any cake. What I do in that situation is bake the cake, and when cool, wrap in saran wrap and then put something heavy on it for a couple of hours to get it to settle. (I use a cutting board with cans on it - Leah_s I think uses a ceramic tile)

I never heard of that, something I will definitely try. Thank you Loucinda. icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 8

I do it all the time, I don't refrigerate or weigh it down....just let it cool completely though, that is THE MOST important part!!

leah_s Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 8

Unless your cake has a filling that must be refrigerated there is NEVER a reason to put a cake in the refrigerator. It dries them out. It's a relative humidity thing.

ayerim979 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 8

i do the same thing lucinda does

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 8

I bake and ice on the same day all the time... I just let mine cool and then level and ice. Never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%