Chocolate Chip Cookies On A Stick??

Baking By kdbasher Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 2:05pm by kdbasher

kdbasher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbasher Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:20am
post #1 of 4

My DS would like to have some Spiderman and web cookies on a stick for his birthday party. I've done them in sugar cookies before, but he would like chocolate chip. Has anybody tried this and does it work? I don't have a lot of time to test both methods (will the chip cookie keep it's shape or spread too much, etc.) so any insight is greatly appreciated. If the chocolate chip would work, what recipe? I'm sure the Nestle Toll House cookie recipe would be too soft to work. Could I make a regular sugar cookie and just add mini chips? Thanks!

Kelli

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:57am
post #3 of 4

i made some chocolate chip cookies on a stick for valentines day. i used the wilton heart cookie pop pan. after the cookies were cooled i wrapped them in red cellophane with red and white curling ribbon. maybe you can use the round cookie treat pan and put a spiderman face and web in icing. hth

kdbasher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbasher Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the information. I searched a little here for the answer, and when I didn't find it, figured it would be quicker just to ask as I was sure someone had done it before.

Jan - The thread links you provided were great! I will use the pan recipe on the thread and do them that way. Exactly what I wanted/needed to know.

Jackmo - I definitely thought of using my cookie treat pans, but thought that using an Easter Egg cutter would be a better shape for the face. Maybe I'll use the rounds for the spider web cookies.

I'll post some pictures when they're done. Thanks again!

Kelli

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%