A Rice Crispy Grooms Cake

Decorating By auntmandys Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 3:03am by malene541

auntmandys Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:02am
post #1 of 15

O.K, My sister in law is getting married in June. She is in CA. I am in OH. She is wanting to surprise her new hubby with a grooms cake. It's a tiered RKT cake. With ribbon around the base and fruit on the top tier corners. I have used RKT to make shapes for cakes however I have never used them to make a tiered cake. I am wondering how I would get the RKT out of the pan perfect and square or do I want to use a pan. I guess I am hoping someone can tell me the easiest and best way to do this? And would homemade or premade RKT's be better? I am attaching the cake she sent me. I don't know where she got it. But it's so neat!

14 replies
JanH Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:05am
post #2 of 15

Rice Krispies Wedding Cake:

Of course you'll have to use different pans and possibly adjust the amount of treats needed - but it's a starting poing.

BekkaBoo82 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 11:00am
post #3 of 15

Just by looking at the cake, I would use deep pans for them and line them with baking paper. When you put the RKT in (we dont have them in Australia so I can only assume that they are like Rice Bubbles?) just do a little at a time so you can make sure they go right to the corners and edges and are packed down firmly. As long as you line the pans, they should slide out fairly easily.
Hope this helped a little. icon_smile.gif

sandy1 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 15

This is so cool!!!! My son loves RKTs and he's getting married in May. I can't wait to surprise him with a RKT grooms cake. How far in advance can it be made? What's the best way to store it.

auntmandys Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks for all the help. I can't wait to try it. Since she is in CA and I live in OH my pans won't be there, so she is wanting to see if we can use steady boxes. I am going to have to practice a little. Once I get some pics I will post them. Thanks so much again!

Peridot Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 15

I made a round two layer RKT and put BC as filling and then iced in BC (in my pics "Happy Birthday Michelle). I know you don't want layers but what I want to say is that I greased the pans and then pounded and pushed the RKT into the pans. I did not line with anything and I wouldn't line pans because if you are going to leave the RKT "bare" you don't want lines or marks from the paper on the surface.

I left my RKT in the pan for a little while then dumped it out while still pliable to make sure it came out and then popped it back in and pushed down again and left it sit overnight in the pan. Then the next day I took it out of the pan and wrapped it in plastic wrap very carefully until I was ready to use it. I made mine several days in advance because I was not sure if they would turn out and hold their shape.

Children Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:39am
post #7 of 15

Is there a special recipe to use for rkt when using for a cake?

JanH Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:26am
post #8 of 15
Originally Posted by Children

Is there a special recipe to use for rkt when using for a cake?

Originally Posted by JanH

Rice Krispies Wedding Cake:

mamawrobin Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:47pm
post #9 of 15

What a neat idea. My 25 year old doesn't really like cake so for his next birthday I'm going to suprise him with a RTK cake! He loves RTK's so it's perfect.

Be sure to post pictures of your groom's cake.

aquamom Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:10pm
post #10 of 15

Love this idea!!!

mccowen73 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #11 of 15

i did a rkt bday cake for my neice. I used a cake carrier lid to form it into a deep round shape. I pressed it in and let it set awhile and then dumped it out and put it back in only in reverse. I think this helped keep the corners square.

GGFan Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:57pm
post #12 of 15

Do you need dowel to before you stack the tier? How much would you charge for something like this? It looks yummy icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:29am
post #13 of 15

I made one and I didn't dowel. Did just fine w/o doing all that.

DesignerWoman Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:40am
post #14 of 15

what a great idea!

malene541 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:03am
post #15 of 15

MMMMMMMM I love rice krispie treats! I could eat the whole thing, at least give it a good try! haha
Excellent idea! CC Rocks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%