Double Birthday Cake...decorating The Front & Back Diffe

Decorating By Polkadot79 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 7:14pm by aDBakes

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a 2 tier round cake this weekend. Both the mom and daughter share the same birthday. She wants a white covered fondant cake with a hot pink loopy bow on top. The mom wants her side decorated in zebra with her number & name. Then, the other side is Little Miss Sunshine for her 8 year old daughter.

(http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Mr-Men-and-Little-Miss-Party-Supplies/64783/PartyKitDetail.aspx)

How can I tie the two in so they'll kinda flow together on the sides? Should I go from zebra stripes to black polka dots and then accent with pink & yellow? ...or just treat as two different cakes and not worry about the seam on the sides?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:26am
post #2 of 4

If you look at my pictures at my Super Mario Cake it is a 1/2 and 1/2 cake. One side was Mario and the other was Star Trek NG. I treated them as two different cakes it was a big hit!!

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:40am
post #3 of 4

That looks nice...think I might just do that too. Treat both seperately except for the bow in common on top.

aDBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aDBakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 4

Hi I did one of these as well, but to seperate the two sides, I made a huge loopy bow on top and let the ribbon hang down the two sides, all the way to the bottom, it was a wonderful way to keep the decorations in tact but seperate thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%