Question On Avoiding Color Bleeding?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:20am
post #1 of 5

I have to make cookies using navy and dark pink, using wet on wet technique.
I've been having terrible problems with my dark colors bleeding so i'm contemplating my strategy to avoid this.

Do i flood with navy and add pink detail?
Do i flood with pink and add navy details?
Do i flood with white and add navy and pink details?

What do you think?

4 replies
globalgatherings Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:33am
post #2 of 5

I'm no expert, but I would flood with navy and add pink details. Do you have time to let the navy dry overnite before adding pink details?

I have flooded with white and then done dark colored details, but I've always dried that first coat overnite, no bleeding.

Goodluck, I know it can be frustrating but once I started to let that base coat dry overnite , the bleeding stopped.

okay, did I mention OVERNITE icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I do have time to allow for overnight drying but even with that i've had bleeding problems. So i just wanted to know what does the least damage.

GeminiRJ Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

In my opinion, darks will bleed into lights the worst. Using wet on wet, I would agree with globalgatherings and use navy as the base and add the pink. If you had time, you could do a couple each way to see what happens. Be sure to mix up your colors a few days in advance, so the colors have a chance to deepen on their own, without having to over-saturate the icing with color.

luv2bake6 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 5

Will do. Thanks gals.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%