Baby Shower Cake For Lots Of Moms

Decorating By LindieLu Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 3:10pm by Cake-makerz

LindieLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindieLu Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:15am
post #1 of 7

This is my first time posting.. I just found this site about 6 hours ago and i'm wondering how in the world I've never come across it before!!!

Anyways, I've been asked to make a cake for a crises pregnancy center. It's a baby shower for approx. 18-20 mom's with about a total of 35 people attending. This will be the only baby shower that many of the girls get, so I really want this to be extra special. Any ideas??? I can't make up my mind if I want to do a gender neutral cake (duckies or something) or make a couple of cakes, one for each gender. I would love to hear any suggestions! Thanks!!

6 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:46am
post #2 of 7

welcome to the site. it's a great forum.

as for your cake..how about half and half... make half the cake blue other half pink... right down the middle. if that doesnt help.. check out some of the baby shower cakes in the gallery. breathtakingly beautiful cakes in there.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 7

I'm not really sure - but lots of baby carriages just popped into my head when I read this -- maybe some of both boy and girl colors all around the sides.

Or a very tired stork (LOL)

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:20am
post #4 of 7

Or you can do the clothesline type theme with alternating colors of baby clothes going around the cake. Good luck - it sounds fun! Oh and welcome to CC! When I first joined, I spent hours and hours reading threads, soaking up great tips and info and looking at pictures. Oh wait, I still do!!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:12am
post #5 of 7

Welcome! I felt exactly the same as you when I found this site -'where have you been all my life'?! Anyway, watch out.. it's highly addictive!

Anyway, my first thought was mommy and baby animals. Not sure if figurines is your thing, but you could even do baby and mommy ducks, bears or a few other types of animals, then it would be gender neutral. Sounds like a great cake! Please post photos after...

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:41am
post #6 of 7

Oh that's a cute idea - you could even make Noah's Ark! There are some great ones in the gallery for inspiration.

Cake-makerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-makerz Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:10pm
post #7 of 7

icon_smile.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%