Tips On How To Make This Cake

Decorating By kater82 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 4:05pm by satcal

kater82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kater82 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1599560

Want to make this cake. I was thinking there might be some RKT feet and beak possible head. not sure. Any tips or ideas how to kinda recreate a cake like this? Please?! thanks!

4 replies
aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 5

Have you sent a message to the person who posted it? Maybe they would share some ideas.

kater82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kater82 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 5

yeah i sent a pm a week or so ago and she never replied...... hmmm

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:28am
post #4 of 5

I don't know for sure but from looking at it it appears to be a carved body maybe a half bowl on top of a round cake and then carved slightly to round out the bottom area. The head could be rice crispy treats or. The rest appears to be fondant details hand molded and attached to the cake. The beak and feet could possibly be rice crispy treats covered in fondant and then attached or fully fondant made and left to dry before being attached to the cake. The details on the top of the head would have been let to dry a bit before attaching. It is also possible that this bird and the details are covered in modeling chocolate as opposed to fondant which sets up faster to hold shapes. Not sure if I have been any help here but thought I would try and give you a place to start.

satcal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satcal Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 5

to me it looks like wiltons soccer ball pan for the body and a 3 inch cake or cupcake for the head and rest of the details out of fondant...but thats just my thought! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%