How To Personalize A Goodnight Moon Cake?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 11:04pm by Jemoiselle

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a "Good night moon" themed cake for my friends' daughter's 1st b-day. It is a FBCT of the book cover.
How do I personalize it? Her name is Lauren and she is turning 1.
I thought maybe I could put "Good night one" (or "1") instead of moon? Or is that too silly? Then "Happy birthday Lauren" on the small section that's left on the cake. I don't want it to look too busy.... I am putting little grey moons and/or stars in RI on the border to match the moon on the transfer.

I'd appreciate suggestions!TIA icon_smile.gif

6 replies
kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:38am
post #2 of 7

What about putting "Lauren's Goodnight Moon"

Kathi

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:08am
post #3 of 7

I would do the cover exactly like it is and not change the name but write Happy 1st Birthday Lauren on the bottom where the author's name is.
Or, you can fiddle with the picture and put a birthday cake on the mantle instead of a clock. Put a picture of Lauren in the frame instead of the cow.

Don't forget to make her a little smash cake! Probably moon shaped, or make it a window with the moon in it.

I woud not write "goodnight one" because it sounds more like she is leaving one instead of turning one.

cakesrock Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:05am
post #4 of 7

Great ideas! Thanks!

FrostedFantasies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedFantasies Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 7

Goodnight Lauren?

cakesrock Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the great advice all - here's the result. I'm very pleased with it - need to work on my squiggly lines in my FBCT's, but it's waay better than the first one I did!
Sadly, the party was cancelled... baby Lauren is really sick. I'm going to drop the cake off and she'll have to freeze it. I know the FBCT will probably run, but not much can be done. Any other ideas? I have no freezer space!
LL
LL
LL

Jemoiselle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jemoiselle Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 11:04pm
post #7 of 7

Awww, my son is 2 and would love this cake! You really captured the illustrations perfectly. A job well done =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%