Making Numbers, Days Before Or??

Decorating By AmandaCMH Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 7:24pm by AmandaCMH

AmandaCMH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaCMH Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 3

I have a Sweet 16 cake to make for a friend's daughter this weekend. I plan on making gumpaste decorations (numbers, bow, pearls, etc) tonight. I also plan on adding black glitter. Should I add the glitter tonight or should i wait until the night before and add to the hardened pieces with a bit of vodka or water?? Thanks in advance!!

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 3

doesn't really matter I don't think........I've had good success both ways. Might be better to just go ahead and do it...would hate to have you resoften the numbers the night before if you use a bit too much vodka.

Another good way is to brush with egg whites and it kind of seals the glitter on.

AmandaCMH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaCMH Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 3

Great advice, thanks! I'll apply tonight. icon_smile.gif I just want them to have a nice glittery look, wasnt sure if they would lose the "sparkle" if it was applied days before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

doesn't really matter I don't think........I've had good success both ways. Might be better to just go ahead and do it...would hate to have you resoften the numbers the night before if you use a bit too much vodka.

Another good way is to brush with egg whites and it kind of seals the glitter on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%