..make This Pattern On The Side Of A Cake?

Decorating By andysprite Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 10:51pm by msthang1224

andysprite Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 4

I am making my cousin's wedding cake in June. Below is the link to the cake she wants. I have no idea how to get the pattern on the side of the cake. What makes it sparkly? Is it piped? Painted?
And does anyone know where I can find the jewels? Thank you!

http://www.elegantbakery.com/cakeholder.asp?src=images/wedding-gowns/Picture968.jpg#pic

3 replies
cake-angel Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 4

The pattern itsel looks to be piped and then either painted with airbrush pearl sheen or dusted with a sparkle dust. The jewels appear to be rhinestone broaches. I have seen quite a few broaches etc similar to those recently at Michael's craft stores.

Lcubed82 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 4

The gathered areas could be a rectangle of fondant pleated, held in center by "broach", then spread out and attached to fondant covered cake.

msthang1224 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with Icubed82. The Gathered areas on cake coould be done in 1 or 2 ways: cut a rectangular piece of fondant, the circumfrance of the particular tier to be covered. Then wrap around the tier and gather in center and add brooch. OR you can use to rectangular pieces of fondant, applied one at a time and meeting in the middle then add brooch. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%