Beware Of This Hoax Email Part 1

Decorating By dipali13 Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 10:18pm by JanH

dipali13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dipali13 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 4

Delete if you get a message like this, It's a hoax!

Hello,

My name is Alex Bryant, I would like to know if you bake wedding cake, I need a cake that can serve approximately 270 guests or more, I would like you to bake me a cake and decorated it with roses, i want the cake be in Fondant or Butter cream. Below is the cake information:

Cake Flavor: White Chocolate Butter and Vanilla.

Cake Filling: Raspberry and Chocolate Mint or Strawberry

I want an inscription be writing on one of the cake as (Alex wed Tina) and I want you to pack the cake in different boxes when it's ready for pick up. And I want you to have the cake to be ready for pick-up on 26th of March 2010, 11:00 o'clock A.M. Kindly let me know if you can fulfill the date, once i have your reply i will forward all the details and the picture sample of the cake.

I await your reply soon.

Best Regards.
Alex Bryant.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

I just got one recently myself..........I'm thinking it's a hoax as well!!

Hello,

How are you doing today ? My name is Miky Fare I want to book for Cake Decorating Classes/cooking with you while on a 2weeks holidays in your country.We are a group of 10 people seeking for Cake Decorating training while on holidays and as part of our plans we need Cake Decorating classes/private lessons.

We shall be needing a Cake Decorating classes for the whole 2weeks in your area.
I would like to book for 2weeks classes for 3 hours each day Monday to Saturday (morning hours) for a group of 10. We are asking for 3 hours per day for 2 weeks - Monday - Saturday. A total of 36 hrs
Do you have a training facility where you conduct classes? We can arrange for this,if not available. Do you have rooms or is there any hotel close to your facility?
DATE: 7THMarch2010 TO 21March2010

I would love to know the possibility of working with you during this period.Kindly get back to me with your proposals so that we can make booking asap.
The group would be performing for a group of family members over there. I would love to get the total cost or a quote/estimate. What are your payment options? Do you accept credit cards? I would be grateful if you will be willing to do the work to teach quality classes and make us happy
Regards
MIKy FARE

Oddly enough I DO offer cake decorating classes as well as private lessons, however the email came to my old email address that's not associated with my cake business, and isn't one that's available to anyone on CC, my website, or anywhere else!!

Hopefully it's a hoax because I didn't respond......I assumed because they told ME when I was going to have the classes and when that it's obviously not real, because who would do that??? lol

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 4

I just got one similar to the OP's a couple weeks ago. Thankfully, I've been on this board long enough to have read about many of these email scams, saw the warning signs, and just hit delete. I honestly don't know if I would have been suckered into it without the heads up from many of the CCrs here though from the past threads on these. So thanks to all who post warnings about potential scams. It definitely saved me from being scammed and hopefully this thread's warning will save someone else too! icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%