Beware Of This Hoax Email - Part 2

Decorating By dipali13 Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 10:18pm by JanH

dipali13 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 5

Thanks for the swift reply to my order request and your concern as well, i want you to know that am very grateful, I will like you to bake me 5teir's of cake, the Cake Flavor should be White Chocolate Butter and Vanilla and the cake Filling Flavor should be Raspberry and Marble Vanilla or Strawberry, it should be decorated with roses as seen in the picture i attached ( in the picture the roses can be in gum paste, what you see on the side of the cake is a polka dot, and i will like the color of the polka dot to be pink color). And you should also have the cake covered in fondant or butter cream to feed 270 people ( I believe the fondant should make the journey), let inscription be writing on one of the cake as *Alex wed Tina* and i want you to packaged it in a different cake boxes for pick up once its ready. concerning the cake stand's, i already booked it. the cake size should be 18" 16" 14" 12" 10".

I want the cake to be ready for pick up time 11 o clock A.M 26th of March 2010. and the shipper will be coming to pick them up for delivery to my wedding reception and i don't want you to be worried about the safety delivery of the cake. Regarding the shipping, I have a shipping agent who will be taking good care of the delivery consignments. The Shipping company will come for the pickup arrangement of the Cake at your location for the pick up date and time. And as I have said, you dont have anything to worry about on the shipping of the cake it will be well secured and in a good condition on arriving the location of my wedding reception, the shipper will be coming with there refrigerator Van for the pick up and it will be ship under the fragile shipping insurance scheme, a friend of mine has used them before for a shipping consignment of this such and they are well secured, reliable and dependable. So I want you to calculate for me what will be the total cost of the cake order including the decoration plus tax if included, and also I want you to add $950 for the cost of the pick up and the shipping, so once I have your reply for the total I will remit my credit card for you to charge for the total cost. so that you can have the order book right away.

And once you have the order in progress, I will provide you the shipper information, and how you will get the shipping fee to the shipper as to confirm the pickup arrangement of the cake. I will offer you an extra $100 for taking care of my order properly and for any less stress you will go through for completing the transaction for me due to my absence. So plus do calculate altogether the total cost of the cake + decoration and tax + $950 for shipping charges, including the $100 am offering you.And get back to me with the total for all, so once i have the total cost i will remit my credit card for you to charge. And you should let me know the type of Credit Card you accept Visa or Master Card.

I will be waiting to have your reply for the total cost.

Thanks and God bless.
Alex Bryant.

4 replies
kelleym Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 5

It's the standard cake hoax. There is no chance it's real. Drop all communication with them now.

littlecake Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 5

happy marriage life

erinalicia Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 5

I just really wish people wouldn't be so dang gullible. Whether it is an email like this, one saying that you've inherited millions in some foreign currency from some long lost relative or some Prince of whatever unknown country or the current phone calls and text messages going around from banks here in the US saying that your account has been hacked and you need to verify your debit/account number.

People should know that you NEVER give out any information like that via text or email, and you don't accept mystery checks or money orders for amounts over and above what a product costs.

Common sense, people... if you get a funny feeling about something, then your initial reaction is the one to go with. Walk away and save yourself time and a big headache.

JanH Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 5

For part 1 of this scam, pease see:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-671759.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%