Another Baby Shower Cake...

Decorating By tavyheather Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 10:51pm by tavyheather

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 9

Hi there! TYIA!

I was asked to do another shower cake...mom has 2 girls and is about to have a 3rd! Asked the dad for ideas and all I got was she LOVES all cake, just make it special..huh? duh!

Her registry is ambiguous...the colors she likes for the room are bright pink and green...She is a friend but I know bigger things that dont seem to help me, like she went to fashion school, was a caterer for a while, and loves to shop...

This isn't for a shower actually...it's for our church small group, men and women..just a small informal potluck/shower icon_wink.gif HTH! Thanks!!

8 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 9

I would use the pink and green. What is her personality like? That may help with the design of the cake. Would you want a tiered cake or not? I know you said it is for small group so that would probably be too much cake. You could do a bassinet with those colors, or just a simple "gift" cake. Also, writing words all over the cake with baby sayings would be cute. There are a lot of ways you can go, but it really depends on her personality and what she would enjoy.

tavyheather Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 9

LOL...did u just respond to both my posts?! ur awesome icon_wink.gif what a helper icon_smile.gif

yeah, her personality is very warm and giving, but very professional business woman, too...yeah it doesn't help me really

LOVE ur gift box idea..was wanting to try that, and the gelatin bow..and thanks for the baby sayings idea..perfect! Maybe I'll ask the guests to tell me something they would want to write and I'll pipe it on there! Or make it look like wrapping paper...hmm...

thanks!!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:21am
post #4 of 9
tavyheather Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:32am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

Everyone seemed to like this one..........

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1289574

so cute! only I wish I was that good w/ piping...I have umm never actually learned how to pipe!!! hahaha I use rolled fondant on everything and get away with piping letters and using 1,2,3, and 1M tips!

That basket weave is WAY beyond my comfort level!!! icon_wink.gif But thank you!!!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 2:32am
post #6 of 9

Hahaha! When you said that about both your posts I didn't realize what you meant - but then I realized the cupcake disaster one was yours too! LOL

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #7 of 9

I just did a baby shower cake in pink and green, I just posted it in my photos if you want to take a look. I used those cute little baby shoes pattern from the template section and added fondant buttons and zigzag stripes.

Another cute idea for a pink and green theme is the pea in a pod, so many cute inspiration ideas in the gallery on this theme too. I love baby shower cakes, so fun.

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:24am
post #8 of 9

I'm sorry I don't know who made these cakes, but I've alway thought they were really cute.

The exhausted woman on the couch could be easily be made into a pregnant woman.

And, the three tier cake could be made smaller.
LL
LL

tavyheather Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:51pm
post #9 of 9

WOW! love these ideas!!! Thanks so very much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%