No Viva Paper Towels In Spain?

Decorating By lauras231279 Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 3:31am by starbasset

lauras231279 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 9

I'm trying to find some paper towel over here in Spain, without holes! I can't! Would anyone be willing to send me a few sheets in the mail?!

Laura

8 replies
JGMB Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:30am
post #2 of 9

Honestly, Laura, I would be willing, but I don't think a few sheets would be enough. You have to use at least one sheet per cake, because sometimes the buttercream isn't quite crusted and sticks to the towel, then you have to throw it away and use another.

Have you tried using either wax paper or parchment paper? People say that those work just as well as Viva.

rainyone Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #3 of 9

Even computer paper works well.

SandiOh Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:50am
post #4 of 9

I stopped using the viva method. I just chill my cake that has been frosted and use a metal spatula dipped in boiling water (then dried) to smooth my cakes....works great.

sweetcakes Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:54am
post #5 of 9

you can also use sew in interfacing from the fabric dept. its smooth with no pattern. But has anyone else lately noticed anything about viva. I used it the other day and afterwards noticed little bits inthe icing. i looked at the viva, pulled off 6-7 sheets and it was almost like it was made from recycled paper, there were little bits init, even into the roll. i check it now everytime i use it.

Texas_Rose Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:59am
post #6 of 9

Have you tried the Melvira method? It works as well and the high density foam roller might be something that was easier to find there.

pattycakesnj Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 1:03am
post #7 of 9

I am going to Spain in a few weeks for vacation, where do you live in Spain?

chilz822 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 4:20am
post #8 of 9

I use waxed paper almost exclusively now...

starbasset Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:31am
post #9 of 9

You could probably mail order a 12+ ct case of them from one of the office supply stores...this way you'll have enough to last you a long time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%