Where Can I Get A Fondont Roller Machine?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 7:08am by Cricketina

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 8

I have seen them use it on TLC Cake Challenge to roll their fondont . Is there a personal size one I can get? It would make rolling so mich easier.

7 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 8

If you have a ka mixer you could get this

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=BE0239

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 8

Looks convenient, but the strips are only 6 inches wide icon_sad.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 8

Fondant.

You can use the pasta roller attachment for most mixers, a hand crank pasta roller, available at any kitchen wares store and many department stores, or a sheeter. A sheeter is a professional piece of equipment and will cost several thousand $.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 8

The "sheeter" for a larger piece of fondant is REALLY expensive. Even a used one. And they don't store very well. Too big! For instance, a sheeter that does a 20" width, new, is about $2,000. And the largest cake that would cover is a 12" cake.

"Hobby" bakers get to roll out their fondant by hand. If you are having troubles with getting your fondant the same thickness, I recommend making or buying "rings" for the ends of your rolling pin (or pipe, or whatever), to get an even thickness.

However, if you are looking for a way to easily roll out smaller pieces (like 4 - 6" wide), then the KA pasta roller, or other pasta machines are fantastic!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 8

I know it is only 6" but that is the only one I knew of that is a personal size. I wish I had a wider one also.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 8

contact Julie Bashore at the school of confectionary arts, she maybe able to help you.

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 7:08am
post #8 of 8

I just bought a pasta machine in the clay dept at Michaels it was only $25.00 and I love it !!! I used a 50% off coupon so it was real cheap! I used one in A Nicholas lodge class and came home and bought one...It makes bows and letters etc all uniform thickness..I highly recomend it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%