Wilton Giant Cupcake Tin

Decorating By cakelass Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 4:59pm by TPACakeGirl

cakelass Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 8:54am
post #1 of 5

Just wondering if any one could give me some advice on using this pan.
I made one today and filled with mixture as directed but it doesn't look too appealing at the moment.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated for baking in one of these pans because of the different dimensions etc.

4 replies
Brendabeeper Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 5

I just made my first one this weekend. I think the measurements seemed a bit off, it called for 4.5 cups of batter in the top? that almost overflowed the top, I didnt trust it and put in less, It did rise above the top but only in the middle of it. The sides of the top didnt go up to the edge, so next time I will try the full 4.5 cups and see how that goes. Overall it seems ok but I took the bottom half cut in half and put frosting between, I think I may not have done that correctly either because my cupcake when done was leaning and my husband kept saying...it looks like it's going to fall. I didnt have time to redo it. So I frosted it anyway, but in a dowell just to give some support since it looked like it was leaning. Turned out ok, photo is my first one on my photos. ( see the additional photos of the tower for a close up of the large cupcake). The best tip is to make sure you line them up right, and to use the release in the pan, The top has so many swirls I was afraid it would stick,,,but no problem. Good luck, I'd love see your photo when done!

sgraff Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 5

I have used this pan a few times. I fill the "stump" and bake that for about 10 minutes (at 325). After the 10 minutes, I fill the top portion until there are about 2 "rings" remaining at the top and bake for 35-45 minutes longer.

leah_s Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, you definitely can't fill both sides of that pan and bake it all at once. Another "brilliant" concept from Wilton.

TPACakeGirl Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 5

How do you fondant the giant cupcake? Goonergirl did a beautiful cupcake, but I don't know how she would do that and have it come out so put together? Does anyone know?

Quote by @%username% on %date%