Is This Edible?

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 11:35pm by Jack031

SandiOh Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 6

I am making the choco pan jeweled cake, pictured on country kitchen sweetart site, under "what's hot". (I'll try to include a picture, but always have difficulty)..Anyways, making jewels out of chocopan, then painting them with confectioners glaze and luster dust....Are they edible? Would you put them on fondant or buttercream?

5 replies
cake-angel Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 6

If they are made out of chocopan fondant and dusted with lustre dust and confectioners glaze, they don't have to be removed before serving. They can be eaten. Very pretty cake. You could attach them to either Buttercream or fondant.

SandiOh Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 6

thank you's just that as I'm painting these jewels, the confectioners glaze/luster dust mix got on my fingers...It won't even wash off....It seems kinda gross to eat that...know what I mean?

cake-angel Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 6

I totally know what you mean and the smell of the glaze is a bit overpowering as well. I can't even say how good they'll taste per say but you can eat them.

DianeLM Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, they are edible. My customers eat confec glaze all the time. icon_smile.gif

Jack031 Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 11:35pm
post #6 of 6

Yes those gems are edible they're just made from gumpaste and probably color, dusted/sprayed, and then glazed so not to hard, have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%