Sugarshack Method And Kitchen Aid 5 Plus Pro Mixer

Decorating By jenbug1 Updated 7 Mar 2010 , 5:11am by sugarshack

jenbug1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug1 Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 5:16am
post #1 of 5

Ok, SO I have the Perfecting the Art of Buttercream DVD but I wonder if you can get the airless buttercream with this type of mixer? My mixer has the bowl lift and a very wide shallow bowl compared to the tall more narrow bowl on the 5 qt mixer. Does anyone have any experience with this mixer and this method? Will it work and what amounts will I use to fill this size/style bowl??

Thanks in advance!

Jen

4 replies
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 6:10am
post #2 of 5

i use the sugar shack love it it's not that sickening sweet, my mixer broke so i use the hand the wonderful person her from here sent me i made 1/2 a batch and i used a wider bowl and it worked great, so i would think it would be fine, as far as being shallow for me it doesn't matter because i get it all over me anyway,lol just start slow, i used my friends kitchen aid once, when i made this the first time and i still had to take some out and and put some back in and did it a couple times just to make sure it mixed well, but i didn't get any bubbles.

jenbug1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug1 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I have tried it with this mixer before, but I just ended up wasting about 5 lbs of sugar and all those ingredients are expensive, so I am kinda looking for an exact answer and exact amount to use.. I wonder if Mrs. Sharon might be around to help me out with this question? Should I PM her? I never post, I am an avid reader on this board though.. I usually just find what I need without having to ask. but this.. I cannot find!

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 2:03am
post #4 of 5

You can email her. She's GREAT and answers your questions pretty timely!! I've asked her a few, but most the time she'll answer in the forums too.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:11am
post #5 of 5

Jen, I am not familiar with that bowl, shape or size. The technique works by the same principal in any bowl, but you may have to tweak the total volume needed to make it work in that particular one.

I wish I had experience with that bowl to give you more exact advice. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%