How Do I Wrap My Sheet Cake Pan With A Bake Even Strip???

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 2:00pm by KathysCC

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:47am
post #1 of 6

Hi all!

When I wrap my sheet cake pan with a bake even strip and pin the two ends together, the strip "pulls" away from my pan. The strip is attached, but it is not touching the metal pan????...

When I use the strips on round pans I don't have this problem.

What am I doing wrong??

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:56am
post #2 of 6

If your sheet cake pans don't have straight sides, the bake even strips can gap. (This happens when I use them on my glass sheet cake pans.)

I just attach them to the top of the pan as best I can and leave it at that. icon_smile.gif

If anyone else has found a better way, I'd love to hear it. thumbs_up.gif

pinkorchid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkorchid Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:58am
post #3 of 6

I've run into the same problem. It's hard to get them quite tight enough to stay put. I just do as mentioned above get them on as best I can and stick them in.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you!

I have Magic Line pans. Not going to get any straighter than that. =)

I appreciate your help....

=)

Carlachef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlachef Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6

Try just adding a pan of water at the bottom of your oven when you're baking. It does the same thing as the strips. Much less messy and alot cheaper.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 6

Are you putting them on before you have the batter in the pan? I've noticed that if you turn the pan on it's side and really PULL the strip tightly, then it will not gap. Also, use two pins and push one pin into the strip in one direction and the other pin from the other direction. That sort of locks it in place and doesn't allow it to slip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%