I Need A Basic List Of Supplies

Business By cut-n-up Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 6:57pm by JulieMN

cut-n-up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cut-n-up Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 6

I am trying to get an amount that it would cost me to get my new business off of the ground. I am little overwhelmed an can't seem to get a list of equipment and supplies to come up with a total. Does anyone know where I can find a list of must haves for a small cutom cake business? I am drawing a blank and wish I had some sort of outline to go by.

5 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:24am
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about heavy equipment or just decorating supplies. When I started I bought Wilton Kit 1, which was about 50 bucks. Two years later I have spent about $5K and still don't have everything I want.

Just a starter:

Pans of all sizes, round and square (you can add different shapes as you go).
Tips
Bags
A GOOD mixer (I like Kitchenaid, but I am dreaming of Hobart).
Icing colors
Cutters
Fondant mat
Rolling pin
The list just goes on and on and on and on.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:38am
post #3 of 6
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:56am
post #4 of 6

It would help if we knew where you lived. How much you need (money or material wise) depends on the laws in your state concerning selling food products.

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 6

I saw a thread from a couple of weeks ago where someone had left an enormous list of the things he/she needed to start up, plus a list of monthy expenses and stuff. It was a little overwhelming.

I can't seem to find that thread again. Maybe (hopefully) that person will see this thread and post the list again.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%