I Need A Basic List Of Supplies

Business By cut-n-up Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 6:57pm by JulieMN

cut-n-up Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 6

I am trying to get an amount that it would cost me to get my new business off of the ground. I am little overwhelmed an can't seem to get a list of equipment and supplies to come up with a total. Does anyone know where I can find a list of must haves for a small cutom cake business? I am drawing a blank and wish I had some sort of outline to go by.

5 replies
Eisskween Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:24am
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about heavy equipment or just decorating supplies. When I started I bought Wilton Kit 1, which was about 50 bucks. Two years later I have spent about $5K and still don't have everything I want.

Just a starter:

Pans of all sizes, round and square (you can add different shapes as you go).
A GOOD mixer (I like Kitchenaid, but I am dreaming of Hobart).
Icing colors
Fondant mat
Rolling pin
The list just goes on and on and on and on.

JanH Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:38am
post #3 of 6
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:56am
post #4 of 6

It would help if we knew where you lived. How much you need (money or material wise) depends on the laws in your state concerning selling food products.

KarmaStew Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 6

I saw a thread from a couple of weeks ago where someone had left an enormous list of the things he/she needed to start up, plus a list of monthy expenses and stuff. It was a little overwhelming.

I can't seem to find that thread again. Maybe (hopefully) that person will see this thread and post the list again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%