Chocolate Chip Cookie Help

Baking By toleshed Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 1:45am by toleshed

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 3

I have always used a recipe from my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook for my chocolate chip cookies. its a delicious recipe. Well now every time I make this recipe, we can taste something that really takes away from the good taste that we expect. I have always used Butter flavor Crisco. Now I'm wondering if its the crisco - they removed the trans fats - would this make the difference? They leave like an aftertaste now.
Thanks for anybodys help

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 3

I used butter flavored crisco once in my snickerdoodles. ONCE.

and ONLY once.

I had a big 3 lb can, removed a cup or two from it for that batch of cookies, and eventually threw the whole can away because I refused to use it ever again.

Crisco removed the transfat a LONG time ago .... unless you haven't made these cookies in a year or two, you would have noticed the funny taste long before this, if the trans fat was an issue.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:45am
post #3 of 3

I hadn't made the cookies in a long time. Then I had grandkids move back near me and I made them again about a year ago or so. My son kept asking me what I was doing different and I kept saying its the same recipe. I've always used the butter crisco.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%