Royal Too Brittle For This?

Decorating By tavyheather Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 11:02pm by tavyheather

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 5

Posted in How Do I but no responses...this Q works in here, right?? icon_lol.gif

I had this late-night epiphany icon_razz.gif

Want create a royal swirl using a 2 or 3 tip so that it fits around a 1M swirl... think I would do a parchment cone shape and swirl royal around it...

Has anyone attempted this? would they break? Do you have any clue what I'm talking about?? icon_wink.gif

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 5

If you were careful you could probably move them. But I'd make extras just in case. You could use fondant or gumpaste rolled in a little log for it. maybe even candy melts, though I'd make extra of them too.

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 5

I think I get the idea of what you are wanting to achieve, I am sure if you are very delicate with the swirls you coul ddo it but could you try non breakable gel, it is really good for these things and is also eadible.

tavyheather Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummymummy

I think I get the idea of what you are wanting to achieve, I am sure if you are very delicate with the swirls you coul ddo it but could you try non breakable gel, it is really good for these things and is also eadible.

non breakable gel:
..is an an additive or some other stuff I've never heard of?

tavyheather Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

If you were careful you could probably move them. But I'd make extras just in case. You could use fondant or gumpaste rolled in a little log for it. maybe even candy melts, though I'd make extra of them too.

ya know I was also thinking about this...but I have the royal all made and ready to use in the color I need for my order tomorrow...just thought there might be something to add to it to make it less brittle, but thats why its royal I guess...

thanks! Will let u know how it turns out!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%