Sunbeam Stand Mixer?

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 12:50am by klangl

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 3

I have a sunbeam stand mixer that I have been using for the past 2 years or so and I love it....however I don't do more than one cake or so a month right now. I am going to be starting my licensed home kitchen within the next few months and am curious how much longer it is going to work for me....

Does anyone else have a sunbeam stand mixer that is holding up well to lots of cake orders?

Mine is the Sunbeam mix master heritage series.

2 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 12:25am
post #2 of 3

I am a hobby baker, but I bake a lot for family and friends-stuff other than cakes. I have had my mixer for about 10 years. I love my Sunbeam except for the fact that it is hard to double recipes with it. If it ever dies, I will probably go for something bigger.

klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 12:50am
post #3 of 3

I've been through 2 sunbeams, I'm just a novice baker, friends and family only. I got my kitchenaid 5qt about 6 yrs ago, and its still going strong. I'm really surprised it hasn't died yet, of course, now that I said that, it will tonight. The sunbeams did okay for cakes, and icing, but bread dough and cookie dough are stiffer and I don't think they were built for dough!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%