Fondant Darts

Decorating By hockeymom5 Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 10:47pm by hockeymom5

hockeymom5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeymom5 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 6

I am trying to make fondant darts for a dartball team. They keep flattening on the bottom. Any ideas how I can keep them rounded? They are fatter on one end where the tip would be and narrow on the other end where the feathers will be attached. How can I get these to maintain their shape?

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 6

put them into something that's rounded.........could you cut a straw in half and lay them in a drinking straw? Am I right in thinking that after you form them and let them sit to harden they're flattening?

hockeymom5 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, they flatten as they harden. I need to figure out a way that gradually slants in the center & doesn't flatten all the way around. The feather end is narrower than the dart end so it needs to stay centered and the whole thing needs to stay rounded.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 6

I wonder if you could make yourself a molded cavity to lay it in. Do you have any real darts?? If so, why not crumple up some aluminum foil around a real dart and pack it nice and tight leaving yourself the exact shape you need in the foil.

Hope that makes sense?

TitiaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TitiaM Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 6

I think I read you can lay it in a pile of cornstarch (enough so that it won't touch the table)

hockeymom5 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:47pm
post #6 of 6

I did as suggeted and laid them on formed flour. It worked great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%