Mrs. Buttersworth???

Decorating By Bootyjig5 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 2:30am by LittleLinda

Bootyjig5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bootyjig5 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everybody!!! I have a neice who just got engaged. for her engagement party she asked me to make her a cake that looks like Mrs. Buttersworth (that is her fiance's name, SOOO as you can guess SHE will be Mrs. Buttersworth...)
Anyway, I dabble here and there making cakes, by no means a professional and I am just having the damdest time trying to figure out how to make a cake like this. there are only going to be about 60 people at the party so I dont need an extremely large cake. I REALLY don't want to get into making the bottle. Would like something more with both Mrs AND Mr. Buttersworth. Ok...so if anyone has any great ideas or hints for me. I would greatly appreciate them. I'm excited to make this cake and will def post pics of the finished product!! Thanks to all!!

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 3

I totally think you should make the bottle!!! I would do it like a barbie cake, maybe even stick a barbie in there and then cover her all up with fondant making her look like Mrs. Butterworth.........would be cute to put it on a sheet cake and have a stack of pancakes next to her!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:30am
post #3 of 3

How about a round layer cake decorated to look like a stack of pancakes drizzled in syrup with a dab of butter on top. Write "Mr & Mrs Butterworth" on it ... everybody will know what it is implying.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%