Writing On A Movie Clipboard

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 11:27pm by DetailsByDawn

MissCakeCrazy Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 10:28am
post #1 of 8

I have seen that cc'ers write on them with white writing. Is this royal icing piped or is it a special pen?

7 replies
DetailsByDawn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:17am
post #2 of 8

I would say it's most likely Royal, but I hate making a batch of RI for little jobs. I just don't use it enough to make it worth my while. For something like that, I always use white chocolate - so much easier for me!

MissCakeCrazy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 8

i have never piped chocolate. how do you know if it is the right consistency?

DetailsByDawn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 8

I use chocolate for everything! Just use white candy melts. Microwave on half power for about 30 secs and stir. Microwave again on half power for 15-30 secs more and stir until smooth. Adjust the times for the amount you're using. Once smooth, let cool slightly and pour into your piping bag (with the tip already on!) If you're using a number 1 tip, you can pipe right away. Anything larger, just let it cool for a couple of minutes or it will just flow out the tip. Hope this helps! Good luck!

MissCakeCrazy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the tips. we don't have candy melts in the UK and I don't have a microwave. I'll just melt it over a bowl of hot water.

DetailsByDawn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 8

LOL, sorry. Yes, any white chocolate melted in a double boiler will work fine. Untempered is fine, but tempered will set nice and hard.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 8

DetailsByDawn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:27pm
post #8 of 8

I'll leave that to the experts to explain! Here's a link for instructions on how to temper. You'll have a ton of videos on YouTube to follow, if you're more visual. Honestly, it's not necessary to temper if you're just writing - If you were writing or drawing on cookies that were to be packaged or stacked, I would recommend it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%