Help W/ Americolor Red Red?

Decorating By monet1895 Updated 7 Mar 2010 , 6:40pm by monet1895

monet1895 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monet1895 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:42am
post #1 of 6

I'm coloring MMF w/ Americolor Red Red, but it's not as red as I want. Still looks slightly orange to me? This is my first time using this particular color, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can add? Or do I just need to get keep adding the Americolor? I experimented w/ a small section and didn't get the right result, and I know reds are tricky, so I thought it was time to turn to CC! TIA!

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 5:00am
post #2 of 6

my experience with all colors. no matter the brand name . you keep adding until it is the color you want. be sure to remember , as the sits up in b/c , fondant, etc. it will get darker. so don,t go to the hilt with it. close to it. ha!

monet1895 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 6

Thx.

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 6

I have found with all the reds, you usually need to add alot. I use the red red often and sometimes add some Christmas red to it. Good Luck!!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 6

I think the red red tends to have more orange undertones in it than the super red which has your bluish/purple undertones. Maybe if you add a little pink or christmas red to it you'll get a more true red color. But I'd let it sit for a while wrapped up to see how the color matures first.

monet1895 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for that tip. I think I will try Super red next time. I did add a little bit of Christmas red, and the color did mature to more of a red and it worked for this cake, but it sounds like I would have preferred the super red.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%