Help With This Purse - Pic Attached

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 4:56am by aDBakes

chilz822 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:38am
post #1 of 2

Hi all...
I have to make a Juicy bag simmilar to this one.. Looks pretty basic but I have a question...
What's the best way to do the upper portion of the bag? The brown portion...
The bag itself looks like it may have been done in 4 sections and the piping rope used to hide the seams. Doesn't it look like 1 piece could be used and the edge piping added for effect?

Anyway, the upper brown portion... is it attached on pieces after the pink is in place? And any tips to get the handles to stand upright?

Thanks in advance for any tips, I see a few purse posts tonight... lotsa people thinking alike!

1 reply
aDBakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:56am
post #2 of 2

As far as I can tell, it is do-able to add the brown in pieces after the pink is attached and to hide the seams with the edge, as you stated. It would probably be the best way to approach it, if you haven't done a purse like this before.

As for the handles, mix fondant with tylose, so that it dries very hard, shape and let dry for a day or two. You can stick spaghetti in to the bottom of the handles before it dries if you need the support to stand them up and stick those into the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%