Refridgeration For Cheesecakes

Decorating By tavyheather Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 10:38pm by tavyheather

tavyheather Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 4

I hope to goodness I'm posting in the correct forum..having an anxiety attack b/c I've had most of my posts moved!! Sorry in advance if this is not the correct forum!!

Making my first cheesecake! Barefoot Contessa recipe calls for 2-3 hrs cooling to room temp then refrigeration overnight. I just read this and need it for tonight!! Serving in 5 hours so it would only get 3 hrs refridg. max!

What is the purpose of refrigeration and can I get away with less time or freezing it?

3 replies
klangl Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 4

It should be okay! I have a great cheesecake recipe that I use, that says to refrigerate overnight as well, but I never do. I think the main purpose of that is to make it nice and firm, less crumbling. I say take a chance and if it doesn't work out you could always layer it up in a wine glass with some fruits and sauce and call it trifle!

tavyheather Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 4

please reassure me that it's not going to collapse

tavyheather Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by klangl

It should be okay! I have a great cheesecake recipe that I use, that says to refrigerate overnight as well, but I never do. I think the main purpose of that is to make it nice and firm, less crumbling. I say take a chance and if it doesn't work out you could always layer it up in a wine glass with some fruits and sauce and call it trifle!

awesome!! thank you so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%