Vanilla

Baking By pastryqueen9 Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 6:12pm by MadMillie

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 6

Can somebody recommend a good clear vanilla...my client does not like the flavor of the Wilton brand clear vanilla...I haven't used any other brands so I wouldn't know. She would like the frosting to taste as close as possible as that made with 100% pure vanilla but without the ivory tinting...her wedding cake will be stark white.

5 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:05am
post #2 of 6

Sorry, I'm not sure if there is a good clear vanilla. Real vanilla extract is brown, thus, clear = imitation.

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:26am
post #3 of 6

I order my clear (and dark) vanilla on-line from Spicy Caribbee in Puerto Rico (just Google it) The clear vanilla has the same flavor as the dark and everyone who eats my baked goods loves the flavor. I highly recommend it.

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:42am
post #4 of 6

thanks elcee and llbesq...

btw llbesq I love your logo...where did you have that done or did you do it yourself?

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks - but I can take absolutely no credit whatsoever for creating it. We have a friend who is a graphic artist and she designed my logo and brochure as a side job. I only wish I was so creative icon_smile.gif

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:12pm
post #6 of 6

I buy my vanilla from a cake decorating store called Mrs. Myrt's in Cario, Georgia. They order it from a drug company out of Albany, Georgia. It is as clear as a liquid can be. If I also want a butter taste, I use clear Vanilla, Butter and Nut also sold at Mrs. Myrt's. This is my favorite for buttercream icing. It is made by Superior Products out of Charlotte, NC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%