To Those With Dimples, Dents And Puckers In Your Ri

Decorating By splash2splat Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 1:37am by splash2splat

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 5

I've noticed over the last couple weeks many people have said that the have puckers or dimples or air bubbles in their royal icing. I found this is a book and thought I would share.

The book is Floating on Air by Linda Wong (I bought it because someone mentioned that it had bridgeless extension work - it does and it amazing)
But anyways -

She mentions paddling her icing on a flat surface to help take out air bubbles and then putting it in a parchment bag with a tip 2 hole cut in it and pushing all the icing through the tip 2 hole into another bag to also help get air bubbles out. But as for the dents and puckers she mentions that once you have filled the area with icing it shouldhave a domed appearance. Because the icing shrinks slighly when drying and as it dry the icing levels off and if the area is not filled sufficiently it will creat dents and puckers.

I thought you might like this info - I'm only on page 32 out of 108 so I can't wait to see what else I learn

4 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 5

Thanks for the tip. That's great info! I'll have to check out her book.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 5

if you look at my latest photo posting, i domed those puppies up high and still got dimples. was she refering to flooding in general or small spaces (which is where we are having the problems)?

it sounds like an interesting book!

thanks,
diane

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 5

Splash, thanx for sharing, great info thumbs_up.gif

Kelly

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 1:37am
post #5 of 5

drakegore Linda was discussing why showing a large space to fill. She also mentioned that if you notice bubbles appearing to pop them with a needle. Sorry about your dimples though - the cookies are beautiful though.

And to everyone else your welcome. I have enjoyed the book so far the extention work is amazing. and she does thing that I had never thought about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%