How Do I Touch Up Colors On An Edible Image?

Decorating By missv1973 Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 3:54pm by KHalstead

missv1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missv1973 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 8

I had an edible image made and the red colors came out more like salmon. I want to touch out the colors to make them more red. Any suggestions on how to do this without ruining the edible image?

7 replies
tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 8

I have never done this,but maybe you could thin out some red coloring(with lemon extract,vodka)and paint it with a brush.

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 8

Hi

I had a similar problem when I bought an edible image, I touched it up with one of those food colouring pens you can get. I was scared it would run if I used any liquid colour.

Lyndsey xx

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #4 of 8

Can you reprint? If not, the food coloring pen is your best choice.

aDBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aDBakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:52am
post #5 of 8

I just did this today with the food coloring pens, BUT I did not use the pen on the edible image. I took a brush and took the color from the tip and painted it on. I was afraid of tearing the image. It worked just fine thumbs_up.gif

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 10:14am
post #6 of 8

Good thinking ! icon_smile.gif

missv1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missv1973 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone!! I knew I could count on you guys for an answer. No one at the cake decorating supply store could give me an answer. I LOVE CAKE CENTRAL!! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:54pm
post #8 of 8

you can use the markers pretty easily if you use a gentle touch and do it BEFORE the image goes on the cake!

I actually got a plain icing sheet and let my kids draw on it and write their own special message and then put it on a Mother's Day cake for my mom from all the kids and grandkids! She didn't want to cut it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%