Im Getting Ready To Purchase Scal Should I ?

Decorating By ayerim979 Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 4:35pm by kayla1505

ayerim979 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 14

Okay wow, after reading the cricuit threat Im just so exited to hook my machine up. Im want to order SCAL today but I would like to know if I should just order the down loadable version or should I get the one that includes the CD?

Soes it matter please let me know.

Thank you ladies and gentleman

**EDITED** to add gentleman

13 replies
ayerim979 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 14

Anyone????

2SchnauzerLady Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 14

In the event your computer crashes - you need to have the CD. If you order the download, you can copy it onto a CD right away and you get it as soon as you pay for it. If you purchase the CD version, you'll won't have to take the time to copy it, but you will have to wait for it. So the only thing to ask yourself now is - How long do I want to wait to play?

rc1980 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 14

I am a scrapbooker and I have scal and I just recently purchased Make the Cut.... Seriously I would recommend you get MTC it is so much easier to use.

Darth_Aerdna Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 14

rc1980
I have not "played with either SCAL or MTC. what are the differences?

ayerim979 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by azglobs

rc1980
I have not "played with either SCAL or MTC. what are the differences?

That's what I'm afraid of, that one is easier than the other. I did not want to start a controversy or anything but I have seen some videos of them both and I guess because I'm a hands on type of learner, both programs look almost the same to me. Does anyone have a preference and why?

do you ladies know if you can purchase the program elsewhere or it has to be online I really want to play with my cricut lol !!!!

CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 14

I tryed both demos and although both are user friendly I just preferred MTC. I downloaded the full version of MTC and ordered the cd so I can use it now but I will get a back up cd in a few days, just in case.

tiggy2 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 11:42pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

I tryed both demos and although both are user friendly I just preferred MTC. I downloaded the full version of MTC and ordered the cd so I can use it now but I will get a back up cd in a few days, just in case.

I did the same thing.

TobiasWilhelm Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:18am
post #9 of 14

If that helps, I just upgraded to SCAL2 and bought MTC this week and working on a comparison of the two. Hoping to post this weekend.

Tobias

kayla1505 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:47am
post #10 of 14

I havent tried MTC but I have SCAL and I really like it.

ayerim979 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 5:32am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

I havent tried MTC but I have SCAL and I really like it.

Well if its not too much trouble please keep us posted.

kayla1505 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:26am
post #12 of 14

They both do the same things, you just have to go with whatever you feel more comfortable with.

Here are my pros for SCAL

- alot more people have it , so its easier to share scuts.
- there alot of videos and tutorials on how to use SCAL on youtube.
- their forum is filled with information, ideas, scuts and files.

I havent tried MTC but I'm happy with SCAL so I'm not interested in buying another software that does the same thing.

I got the D/L version, I didnt wanna wait for a CD and I didnt want to pay $15 extra for it.

Heres a comparison chart on both programs I got from CleverSomeday

http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2009/12/22/cricut-software-comparison/

Get both trial offers and see which one suits you

ayerim979 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:37pm
post #13 of 14

Kayla, I have to apologize I meant to quote Tobias, but neat less to say after what you said I ended up purchasing SCAL last night (yeeeihh!!!!!! LOL)

I want to thank you all for your great input. Now I just need help removing some picture out of a page that has many pics .I did see a tutorial on youtube but I still cant figure it out icon_cry.gif

kayla1505 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:35pm
post #14 of 14

Your welcome. Press printscreen on your keboard, paste it in paint and cut out the image you want.

Or send me the link and I'll try to help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%