In Love With My Newest Addition!

Decorating By smbegg Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 9:57pm by bonnscakesAZ

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 10

Just got my new baby and I think that I am in love!

Isn't she pretty? I mad a batch of MMF and was able to mix the entire batch without any troubles! Hurray!

Now just to get used to a lift bowl, a little learning curve, but I will get used to it quickly I think!

Stephanie
LL

9 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 10

What brand is that?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 10

When I read the thread title, then the first line of your post, I was expecting a real baby!! Oh, well, your mixer's pretty cute too . . . and no diapers to change icon_wink.gif Have fun with it!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 10

Wow, that is one awsome mixer, do you mind gin=ving a lil info? Is it called GLobe mixer? (just readthe name in the machine)

smbegg Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, it is a Globe mixer! It is 5 Qt, 10 speed, gear driven transmission. It has a #10 attachment hub (take KA attachments) and comes with splash shield. whip, paddle, and dough hook.

Not a bad buy for $579. I guess time will tell, but it seems to have been a good buy! They have them at www.everythingkitchens.com with free shipping. I got it in less than a week from when I ordered it.

This is my KA replacement.

stephanie

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 10

AWSOME !!!!!

Thank you for sharing, I thought the bowl was bigger (it looks big in the pic) I was going to say DANG !!! you can easly make 4 cake batches at a time in that think lol !!!! (ok maybe exagerating a lil)

You machine look very industrial though. Congrats

smbegg Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 10

I do not have the capacity to bake big cakes (just a reg oven), so I would have loved to have gotten a bigger capacity mixer, but realistically I wouldn't use it. Plus I had a $600 budget and couldn't find anything bigger with the power I needed.

Stephanie

Lorieann55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorieann55 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:45pm
post #8 of 10

I've always heard Globe makes good products! We have a Globe commercial slicer and you can't wear that thing out!

Have fun with it! icon_biggrin.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:56pm
post #9 of 10

Nice! I like the lift handle type of mixer over the tilt head. If I ever get my licensed kitchen I want something like that. I'm not impressed with KA- they are good, but not like the old ones when Hobart made them.

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:57pm
post #10 of 10

I have never heard of that one! Congrats! i have a kitchenaid I use for cakes. Had that first. I got a Bosch though for bread and it is amazing! I haven't used it for cakes yet. It has a 6.5 qrt bowl and is $399. (800 watts) Just thought I would mention in case anyone is looking for a new mixer.
here is a link
http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/Bosch_Universal_Plus_Mixer_MUM6N10UC.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%