Edible Frosting Sheets

Baking By Evone Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 6:33pm by icingimages

Evone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evone Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know how they make those edible frosting sheets like from Lucks?? They are so expensive and I would love to know how to make my own. Does anyone have any idea how or what they are made of and is there some crazy recipe out there. Remember when Fondant was just sold in stores and now we have a great recipe to make at a fraction of the cost.. Will I might be in a bubble here but I am hoping someone has tired of paying that crazy price and have a better brain then I do and can come up with a fantastic recipe for the sheetsicon_smile.gif

2 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 3

You can buy a printer dedicated to edible images only. Someone will come along and give you the names of companies. You can also buy the icing sheets and edible inks from those sites.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 3

It is not an easy thing to make. There are only a few companies that make them around the world. But I have heard that you can print on gumpaste and fondant. I have not done it myself. People like to save money with rice paper, but they dont want to eat it. The cost per sheet is about $1.12 per sheet thats without any volume discount.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%