University Of Oklahoma & Princess For A Day Theme! Help!

Decorating By Renaejrk Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 8:02pm by Renaejrk

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:33am
post #1 of 4

OK - so one of my daughter's teachers asked me to make a cake for one of the other teachers for her birthday next monday. They are throwing a surprise princess for a day theme birthday (short party as it is at school) but she is absolutely CRAZY about OU! She is not a girly girl - very into sports and such, so I thought I could do an OU themed cake, but throw in the princess thing for kicks and giggles -the theme is more about catering to her and her being special for a day, not being princess-like. icon_smile.gif I am having trouble picturing how to incorporate these two. This is a free cake and I have other things going on and really don't want to do a bunch of figures and things that will take a zillion hours, but I still want it to be special.

3 replies
Renaejrk Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 4

I know when I posted it may have been a slow time, so I'm hoping maybe more people are on now?

Jack031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jack031 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 4

Try to mesh the two together. Take the typical princess but make her more like a tom boy. You know pink fluffy dress but playing football. You know? Try to poke fun at the fact that a princess like sports compared to other girly things like flowers and butterflies.

Renaejrk Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 4

haha - that's what I thought about when she first told me - I just wasn't sure if I wanted to have to deal with making a figure - thought I'd try to come up with an idea for a design without one too icon_smile.gif I found out they are going to make her wear a crown and boa all day - it will be hilarious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%