Scal Vs Mtc...which Is Better?

Decorating By jhay Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 9:58am by Ren715

jhay Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:49am
post #1 of 3

So...I'm trying to decide whether to buy Sure Cuts A Lot or Make the Cut for my Cricut..

Any opinions?

2 replies
staceytisdale Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:13am
post #2 of 3

I know there are more tutorials on youtube etc with using SCAL. I am trying to decide the same thing.

Ren715 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 9:58am
post #3 of 3

I just purchased Make The Cut. I have 2 versions (they have a new beta version that's out and it has a layers feature). I like it and picked up how to use it very fast although I see a few bugs in the beta version (that's why it's currently in beta). The older version works great but doesn't have the new features that the beta version does. There are a few things that you need to get used to. One of which is that the orientation of the mat on your computer screen is not the way your mat goes into your Cricut. When I add paper to my mat, I have to turn my mat sideways to orient it with what's on my screen. I'm used to doing it now but it's something that I wish I knew for my first few cuts (couldn't figure out why it wasn't cutting correctly on my paper). SCAL2 offers a few things that MTC doesn't and I think visa versa. I may get both...don't know yet. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Download the demo version of both and see which one is easiest for you.

I've made some amazing things in the first few days of getting my Cricut. I really love it. Can't wait to get my extra mats and deep cutting blade so I can experiment making gumpaste designs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%